A special economic zone in Western Panama that serves as a hub for:
- Logistics services.
- Business activities.
- And non-traditional services, with an ecological residential area.
Contains areas dedicated to warehousing and distributions centers, manufacturing, commercial offices, airport and residential oerations.
- 8,600+ jobs created.
- 250+ established companies.
- It has a dedicated International Airport.
- High level residential complex.
- Import tax exemption (except for merchandise to be sold within Panama).
- The exemption from income and sales tax for specific business activities.
- The exemption from taxes on dividends, license and real estate taxes..
- Foreign workers can be employed within 10 and 15% of ordinary workers.
- Permission for permanent staff within 10% of ordinary workers with the option to opt for permanent residence after 2 years.
- Flexibility to set the weekly rest day on a day other than Sunday.
- One-stop scheme for visa and permit procedures for foreign employees.
- Special Rate visa category as an Investor of the Panama Pacific Special Economic Area.
- The visa benefits extend to the worker's immediate relatives.
- Regional headquarters and services.
- BPO, ITO, KPO and call centers.
- • Film Industry (Law 36 of 2007)
- Logistics distribution and services.
- ICT services and data processing of R&D of WEB applications.
- Processing, manufacturing and assembly.